The Benefits of BOTOX Offered by your Dentist in NW Calgary
BOTOX® is not just for wrinkles; in fact, it has numerous uses outside of anti-aging. As a botulinum toxin, BOTOX paralyzes the muscles and there are various Benefits of BOTOX for medical applications – from TMJ (temporomandibular joint disorder) to jaw stiffness to even chronic migraines.
Dentists in NW Calgary may be able to administer BOTOX injections to you if you suffer from migraines, cluster headaches or even TMJ. You will need to schedule a consultation first to ensure you are a candidate.
Headaches and BOTOX
Individuals suffering from chronic headaches and migraines may find relief with regular injections of BOTOX. This treatment is recommended for individuals who have severe headaches at least half of the month. A localized injection is then used in areas of the face and neck which then halts any signals between the nerves and muscles.
BOTOX can benefit headache and migraine sufferers by:
- Reducing the pressure applied to the nerves by the muscles in the face and neck, which can reduce the risk or severity of headaches and migraines
- Relieving headaches for up to three months post-injection
- Minimizing a patient’s reliance on over-the-counter pain relievers and migraine medications
BOTOX on TMJ and Jaw Tension
BOTOX is also an alternative treatment that may be used for TMJ and jaw tension. If you suffer from TMJ and jaw tension, your dentist in NW Calgary can use BOTOX injections and provide you with benefits like:
- Alleviating pain from TMJ and jaw tension
- Reducing muscle spasms that are associated with TMJ
- Safeguarding your dental health by reducing jaw tension and teeth grinding which can permanently damage the enamel of your teeth as well as the delicate gum tissue
- Offering you relief for up to six months
BOTOX injections may take a few days up to one week to start showing results. Not all individuals with TMJ and chronic headaches are candidates for this alternative treatment.
If you are interested in learning more about the Benefits of BOTOX or if you would like to see if you are a candidate for this treatment, contact Dentrix Dental Care today. Our dentistry experts in NW Calgary offer no-obligation consultations for BOTOX treatments. Contact us online or call our North Hill location at 403-289-9908.