Here at Dentrix Dental Care in NW, Calgary, we are proud to offer all-around premium dental services for you and your whole family. Our dentists specialize in providing quality dental care for children and adults, so there is no longer any need to book appointments at multiple offices. We’re here to make visiting the dentist an easy and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Our goal is to keep your family’s teeth, gums, and mouth healthy for years to come. We know that starts with establishing a long-lasting, meaningful relationship with your family. Through routine check-ups and personable services, we don’t just fix any problems with your child’s teeth as they crop up—we prevent any issues from happening in the future. Our goal is to set your family up for lifelong oral and dental health.
Here are just some of the pediatric services we offer at Dentrix Dental Care.Contact us today!
Many dentists recommend that your child first visit the dentist somewhere between 3 to 6 months of age. This preliminary checkup is vital to make sure your child is comfortable going to the dentist.
At this stage, there is not much for a dentist to do other than ensure that the child’s mouth is going through the proper development stages. When a child’s teeth begin to grow at around one-year-old, however, that’s when your dentist can begin diagnosing any issues that your child’s baby teeth may be having. This can be a great way to determine whether the permanent teeth will grow in properly or not.
It’s important for your child to have a good relationship with their dentist, so they don’t feel scared. That’s why our professionals at Dentrix Dental Care know how to help a child remain calm at their very first checkup. Our friendly staff keeps kids and parents happy. We will also keep parents informed of any measures that need to be taken with their child’s teeth.
Your child will begin losing their baby teeth around the age of six. When permanent teeth start to grow, more procedures may be necessary. We can provide for these at our office with services for both children and adults.
We offer many cosmetic dental care services for children. When permanent teeth grow in, these services are mainly similar to what is required of adults. Cosmetic procedures include:
- Dental Veneers. These are a material placed over the tooth to heighten aesthetics and to protect the tooth from decay
- Dental Crowns—also called a cap. This is an artificial tooth that is placed over the permanent tooth. This is often used for teeth that are chipped or decayed.
- Invisalign. This is a popular alternative to orthodontic braces. The system uses clear plastic liners that are individually made for your child’s teeth to gradually straighten them.
We don’t only offer cosmetic dentistry. Our pediatric dentists have many more services to offer as well!
When permanent teeth are chipped, damaged, or decayed, Dentrix Dental Care can cover you and the whole family with restorative dentistry. This can include:
- Inlays and Onlays. Onlays replace the biting surface of the tooth. They can restore both the pointed parts of your front teeth and the flat parts of your molars used for chewing. Inlays restore the area between the teeth.
- Dental Bridges. These are prosthetic teeth that fill the gap between two teeth. These can be made from metal alloy, porcelain, or even gold.
- Laser Therapy. This treatment is growing in popularity. It treats patients who exhibit symptoms of gum disease.
With the proper care of your child’s teeth, they won’t have to go through any of these restorative procedures. That’s why seeing a quality pediatric dentist is important—it paves the way for future oral hygiene routines.
Consistency Is Key
Checkups at the dentist are recommended every six months. In the formative years from ages 3-6, it is especially important that your dentist can detect whether or not your child will have future issues.
We recognize that healthy teeth are vital for children. Healthy teeth determine whether your child will be able to eat and chew properly, as well as develop their speech throughout the years. Since children’s proclivity for sweets is also prominent in their early years, it is important to assure that they do not have any tooth decay or cavities!
Call Us Today to Learn More About Our Pediatric Dentistry!
Our team of experts is ready to answer any questions you may have about our services. At Dentrix Dental Care, we strive to be the dentists that can watch your family grow through the years.
Call us to schedule an appointment today!