Dental Services NW Calgary
Contact Dentrix Dental Care When You Need Dental Services in NW Calgary. At Dentrix Dental Care, we understand that sometimes dental needs arise outside of business hours. To provide for our patients around the clock, our emergency dentist in NW Calgary is available whenever you come across a dental emergency.
Give us a call—our NW Calgary emergency dentist will be happy to resolve the problem. With our quality services and compassionate staff, we hope you’ll see our office as your resource for the emergency dental care you need. We are always available to help a patient in need, so give us a call whenever you find yourself in a dental bind!
When you need a teeth cleaning in NW Calgary, Dentrix Dental Care is the place to go! One of the pesky things about our teeth is the speed at which plaque builds up, even with regular cleanings. The bacteria that cause plaque start to build up again within 24 to 48 hours of your teeth cleaning, even if you are a great brusher and flosser! That’s why it’s important to see your dental hygienist every six months to clean out all that plaque and start over.
In addition, your hygienist and your dentist will take note of many things about your teeth during your cleaning—their general condition, their vulnerability to decay, the health of your gums, and much more. Seeing your hygienist regularly is the best prevention for dental problems down the road. To get your teeth cleaned in NW Calgary, come in and see us at Dentrix Dental Care.
Fillings are often necessary when a dentist needs to help strengthen a damaged tooth. Filling a tooth both strengthens the tooth and keeps harmful bacteria from spreading to other teeth from a cavity. Our dentists will be happy to work with you to determine if a filling is the best option for your needs.
Extractions are sometimes necessary for patients, whether it’s a tooth that has begun to rot and gone too far to restore, or it’s a wisdom tooth beginning to erupt and crowd out other teeth. Our practice can extract teeth as needed, and we even offer sedation dentistry to make sure the process is as easy on you as possible.
Every tooth in your mouth right now contains a dental pulp, holding the veins, nerves and lymph vessels of the tooth. Beneath that are the root canals, and sometimes this system of soft tissue can succumb to infection. When that happens, patients can feel quite a bit of pain when they eat or drink, and be extra sensitive to temperature. We offer root canal therapy when that happens, to relieve your pain and make you feel healthy again.
While root canals may have a poor reputation, they’re still the leading last-line defence against extracting teeth that can otherwise be saved. Avoid extracting and replacing teeth with root canal treatment.
Oral Cancer Screening
It can be easy to overlook or ignore the warning signs of oral cancer, but it’s quickly become one of the most common kinds of cancer in Canada. Screenings for oral cancer are simple, and can be done by a qualified dentist. Regular oral cancer screenings can help ensure that you stay healthy, and any potential problems are caught early.
When trauma happens to your teeth, it’s important to come see a dentist as soon as possible. Whether a tooth has been knocked out entirely, pushed out of alignment or fractured, it’s important to see your dentist quickly to ensure that the appropriate treatment is taken.
At Dentrix we offer Invisalign to our orthodontic patients. Invisalign is a state-of-the-art tooth realignment system that uses clear plastic aligners to gently reposition your teeth into a superior position. Restore bite function and straighten unsightly crooked teeth with this discrete, innovative orthodontic solution.
Enamel is the hardest substance in the human body, but it still breaks from time to time. Chipped and cracked teeth can be restored using a variety of restorative dental treatments. Even teeth that are completely missing can be replaced with lifelike dental prosthetics!
Our restorative dental treatments include:
- Crowns — Cover up chipped, cracked, and worn-down teeth. Not only do crowns restore the look of your teeth, they also help protect them from further damage. Prevent major problems down the track and solve the problem before it gets serious.
- Bridges — Bridges are rows of crowns over a metal base that are used to “bridge” gaps left by missing teeth. The ends of the bridge go over existing healthy teeth, and the teeth in the middle of the bridge are solid and designed to look like the real thing. Bridges are excellent for when you only need one or two teeth replaced, without resorting to a partial denture.
- Inlays and Onlays — inlays and onlays are somewhere between veneers and crowns. Rather than cover the whole of a tooth surface, they cover a very specific part of it. Inlays restore the dips in your teeth between the pointed areas, or “cusps” — typically the biting surface of the tooth. Onlays replace and restore chipped, cracked, or worn cusps to make them functional again.
- Dental implants — Nothing comes close to being able to restore a tooth like a dental implant. Other restorations concentrate on the crown of the tooth, the bit visible over the gum. Dental implants go down deep, replacing the tooth at the root. A single implant can restore a single tooth, and multiple implants can be used to support bridges and dentures. Just four implants on the upper jaw can support an entire arch of teeth!
Here at Dentrix Dental Care, we offer dental cosmetic treatments including:
- Teeth whitening — help you feel more confident and satisfied with your smile.
- White fillings — using a material called dental composite, you can get tooth-coloured fillings that won’t stand out when you’re talking.
- Veneers — Veneers are a remarkably versatile cosmetic treatment. They can be used to whiten teeth, straighten the appearance of crooked teeth, restore chipped and cracked teeth, reshape poorly shaped teeth, and more! At Dentrix we offer both porcelain and dental composite veneers for our patients.
- Invisalign — We offer Invisalign, which will not only straighten your teeth, but do so in the most discrete way imaginable: the aligners are completely clear! Nobody will notice you’re even wearing them, and you can take them out to clean your teeth and eat.
Whether you just want to whiten your teeth or need to replace an entire row of them, Dentrix Dental Care in NW Calgary will have a solution for you. Or maybe you want to maintain your dental hygiene and avoid serious treatments altogether — we’re certainly happy to help there!
We look forward to providing you with the care and support you need to get the most out of your smile.